Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Update

Hi, I'm still working on getting the Rock Maker to update the spinners in real time so you can see what the best setting are as you make the rock. I've made some progress using custom Attributes and wiring the spinner to the settings, but not all of the settings are available in the wire parameters so its a lot more difficult that I first anticipated.

None the less, it really is the best way for this tool to go. Watching the rock being made the way you envision it is great. I'm not sure which is the best way to tackle it, weather to make a plugin from scratch or simply extending a geometry primitive.

Time and my skill will probably determine the way I guess.

I've also been cleaning up the code getting rid of all those unnecessary globals I had and changing the radio-buttons on the Rock Me script to use a case statement.

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment