Sunday, October 24, 2010

24th October update

I was running through possible ways to deliver the video tute on the latest Rock Maker script.........and while studying render to texture and normal maps I decided that the low poly rock may need the ability to have more segments other than 5.

So I'm holding off on the video and revisiting the script to give it some more flexibility, the reason was that, while the normal map looked great, the way it works doesn't compensate for it's silhouette which stays quite linear and could do with some more segments to offset this visual uglyness.

Update the update
I increased the segments of the box to 10 from 5 and the scripted unwrap fails to grab all the verts I'll take a look at how I've been selecting the verts but thought I'd just used a grab everything routine. Sigh, if it not one thing.............it's a pain in the arse. It also fails on 8 segments

Ok, sort of fixed, but I don't yet understand why my solution works.
I had been selecting only the number of verts produced and not everything, but now I have to select even more than max is saying there are? wierd.
I wonder if it's because I'm running max 2010 32 on a 64 bit system. I'll have to try this on my desktop tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment