Wednesday, November 17, 2010

17th November update

Hi, the problems I was having with selecting the verts in my unwrap section of the rock maker script while fixed have been refixed with a change in the code using advice from The Area.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hey guys I’m currently using
[#unwrap_uvw].unwrap6.selectVerticesByNode #{1..602} $
to select verts before relaxing and packing.
I now want to be able to vary the segments on the object which will change the vert count, how would I go about collecting every vert without knowing the vert count?
Or could someone please suggests a better way to tackle this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The answer:-
[#unwrap_uvw].unwrap6.selectVerticesByNode #{1..$.numverts} $
So rather than count the verts simply use numverts.............der!  Luke
-------------------------------------------------------------
Simple enough I guess but Max's help file really is more suited to people who already understand how programming languages work IMHO. The help file needs a help file :)
Thanks go to Stig Atle Steffensen aka hedphelym on the area for the solution.

I'll be posting the newest Rock Maker code to the Scriptspot and my Dropbox account soon

No comments:

Post a Comment